Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fire!!!

Today I had me PSAT's which took until lunch so I missed my first three classes including my free, much to my disappointment. As soon as the PSAT was over it was time for lunch time and lucky for me I forgot to make my lunch and bring I forgot to bring some money just in case. The reason that I forgot this was that I wanted to read my book that I had just started, Inkheart. Well . . . back to my story, after lunch I had Environmental Issues (E.I.) with Mr. Sinclair who also happens to be my assistant principale. About 15 minutes into class the fire alarm went off, but lucky for me I was in the hall and had no idea of what to do, so I went back to my class and met Mr. Sinclair on the way and he quickly told me and my friend Garry that this was not a drill and to get outside. Once I was outside I talked to my friends for about 30 minutes once I was on the astroturff. At that point we were told to go into the sports hall (the bigger and niccer of the 2 gyms) until further notice. Once the Fire Bragade Marshal had made his investigation we were told the details of what had happened. Apperantly a three year old laser cutter that needed replacing cought on fire in the design technology room (positioned just below the E.I. classrom), the fire was only contained to the laser cutter, and luckly no one was hurt, however because there was alot of plastic in the cutter there were alot of toxus fumes omitted so all of my stuff is still in my classroom so i cant do anything but relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that sucks. but it's kind of funny. =]