Monday, February 4, 2008

Softball and Other Things

I recently started trying out for softball at my school. I realized that this was my last chance to make the Varsity team and I think that I am fairly good at it, so I decided to give it a shot. So far I have liked it and I think that I will at least make that JV team and I really, really hope that I make the Varsity team because I want one of those cool bags you don’t get anywhere else. If I make the JV team then my Biology Core teacher Dr. Piers will be my coach then I can annoy him every day after school and every other day in class. I like it though I have some of my friends trying out with me and it is a way to have fun, exercise, and get to know more people at the same time. In other news I tried out for the lead role in a play which shows in April about two weekends ago and I found out last week that I did not make it unfortunately, but hey I am not complaining because tomorrow is the last day of the week and it is Tuesday. This due to the Chinese New Year and on Thursday my family leaves early in the morning to go to the sailing club, which I think is awesome. Also I recently got some scuba equipment from John Harding who lives at the other end of the compound. He gave me a BCD (Bouncy Control Device), Fins, a dive depth watch and the two regulators (one is for normal use and the other is the backup one incase someone runs out of oxygen and the two of you need to share the tank to get to the surface) and all of this for free! When I got home and David told me that this was several hundred dollars worth of equipment I was shocked that John gave it to me for free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your softball tryouts! I think that is awesome. It's good to finally hear about what's going on in your life.
I'm so glad that you are getting to experience so much there. Love you!!!

Terio said...

I hope that you sent bhim a thank you note! That was way nice! So, Have you got to go scuba diving yet?